Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 and earlier versions of Outlook
1. Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
2. Double-click the Mail icon.
3. Click E-mail Accounts.
4. Click to select Add a new e-mail account, and then click Next.
5. Click to select POP3, and then click Next.
6. Type the following setting information:
a. In the Your Name box: type you name as you want it to appear to recipients.
b. In the Incoming Mail Server (POP3) box: type pop3.email.msn.com.
c. In the E-mail Address box: type your e-mail address.
For example: “email@example.com”.
d. In the Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) box: type smtp.email.msn.com.
e. In the User Name box, type your MSN account name.
f. Click to check the Remember Password checkbox.
g. In the Password box, type your MSN password.
h. Click to check the Log on using Secure Password Authentication (SPA) checkbox.
7. Click More Settings.
8. On the Outgoing Server tab, click to select the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication box.
9. Click to select Use same settings as my incoming mail server, and then click OK.
10. Click Next, and then click Finish.
You can now send and receive MSN POP3 messages.
For more blogs of Technology check my current blog at www.sunilsaripalli.com
I am Sunil...working as information security officer....i am into computers since my Degree...i used to Teach Hardware and Networking and assemble and sell computers and network solutions. After degree i started my first job in a US Based Company worked for 4 years in Support Functions. Got a chance to work as Team Lead in another US Based Company and worked there for a year and a bit later shifted to Citi due to higher degree of challenges offered in larger environments like citi....i belive Knowledge is power and i would love to share it....i am sure i will make this blog a very useful place for cyber gurus......